Public Transportation Policy Evaluation
The purpose is to foster and support local governments systematically to promote the efficiency of their public transportation system and the convenience of service users.
- - The evaluation on the local government's public transportation policies is applied based on 2007.
- - Document evaluation: Evaluate the local governments' policies and current status of public transportation(as of 2006).
- - Field survey: A field survey shall be conducted over a period of 3 days or so for each local government to check thecontents of the document evaluation.
- - Survey on the level of satisfaction: Survey the level of satisfaction of public transportation users with each localgovernment's public transportation policies as of 2007
- - Period to conduct evaluation: May
- - September 2007
Period Article 17 of the Act
- Establish and implement local public transportation plans and action plans for each year
- Ratio of sharing public transportation
- Expand and repair public transportation facilities
- Link between public transportation methods, link public transportation methods to facilities.
- Informatize public transportation
- Level of public transportation service
- Enhance the competitiveness of public transportation
- Other tasks to foster and promote the public transportation service designated by the Ordinance of the President.
Article 19 of the
- Promote the use and compatibility of transportation cards
- Expand the number of exclusive lanes for buses and promote effective operation
- Increase the level of accessibility to public transportation facilities
- Promote the local governments' financial investment in public transportation
- Manage transportation demands according to Article 15 of the 「Act on the Promotion of City Transportation Maintenance」
- Increase convenience for the minority users of public transportation